This is an introductory level course that explains the basics of ScyllaDB including information on NoSQL database fundamentals.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course, you will understand basic concepts of NoSQL databases. You will gain knowledge of ScyllaDB features and advantages, including ScyllaDB architecture, data model and installation. This course is the foundation for other ScyllaDB training courses. Also check out the Data Modeling course, it’s recommended to take it after completing this course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designated for DBAs, System Engineers, Developers and Architects who would like to understand NoSQL basics and how those apply to ScyllaDB.
Anyone with a need for a highly available fast NoSQL database would benefit from this course.
Any system which can run Docker such as Linux and Mac
- Introduction and Overview
- NoSQL and ScyllaDB
- Benefits and ScyllaDB Flavors
- Data Model and Architecture Overview
- Quick Wins: Install and Run ScyllaDB
- Lab 1: Install and Start ScyllaDB
- Lab 2: Basic CQL Operations
- High Availability
- Replication Factor
- Consistency Level
- Terms for Review
- Lab 1 – Overview and Setup
- Lab 2 – Read and Write
- ScyllaDB Architecture
- Data Replication and Consistency Level
- ScyllaDB Components
- Summary Quiz
*Course version S101.1