This is an introductory level course that explains the basics of Scylla.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course, you will understand basic concepts of NoSQL databases. You will gain knowledge of Scylla features and advantages, including Scylla architecture, data model and installation. This course is the foundation for other Scylla training courses.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designated for DBAs, System Engineers, Developers and Architects who would like to understand the basic concepts of NoSQL and how it combines with Scylla.
Anyone with a need for a highly available fast database would benefit from this course.
Any system which can run Docker such as Linux and Mac
- Introduction and Overview
- NoSQL and Scylla
- Benefits and Scylla Flavors
- Data Model and Architecture Overview
- Quick Wins: Install and Run Scylla
- Lab 1: Install and Start ScyllaDB
- Lab 2: Basic CQL Operations
- Scylla Data Model
- CQL Shell, Data Structure, Keyspace
- Tables, Partitions and User Defined Types
- High Availability
- Replication Factor
- Consistency Level
- Terms for Review
- Lab 1 – Overview and Setup
- Lab 2 – Read and Write
- Scylla Architecture
- Data Replication and Consistency Level
- Scylla Components
- Summary Quiz