In this lesson, you’ll learn how to write better applications. This is an intermediate to advanced level lesson. Some of the topics covered are:
- Monitoring and important metrics to track
- Why use prepared statements and what are the benefits?
- What is token aware and why use it?
- Application enhancement and a few options for how to implement it, including client-side filtering, server-side filtering, secondary indexes, materialized views, denormalizing data. Covers the pros and cons of each possibility and when and if to use it
- Considerations when working with multiple data centers. Includes topics such as consistency, replication factor, performance. Also includes a discussion of tracing and top partitions.
- Best practices related to data modeling including, partitions sizing, partition distribution, prepared statements, caching, parallelism, retries, and batch operations
By the end of this lesson, you’ll have a better understanding of application development, caveats, performance, and what you should or shouldn’t do.